The Insurance and Social Welfare Supervisory Authority (ACAPS) will host, on January 26 and 27, 2023, the seminar of the Group of Francophone Insurance Controllers (GCAF), of which it holds the rotating presidency.
Organized in Rabat, this meeting, which will bring together representatives from some twenty countries, will focus on two main themes: guarantee funds and inclusive insurance.
The seminar aims, on the one hand, to discuss best practices in these areas and to discuss the latest developments in the field of insurance supervision and, on the other hand, to examine the means likely to develop the partnership and promote channels of cooperation and exchange of expertise among GCAF members.
It will know the participation, in addition to representatives of the Member Authorities of the Group of Francophone Insurance Supervisors, of the Deputy Secretary General of the International Association of Insurance Supervisors (IAIS) as well as representatives of the Access to Insurance Initiative (A2ii) and the International Forum of Insurance Guarantee Funds (IFIGS–FIFGAss).
It should be noted that ACAPS, which has held the presidency of the GCAF since 2021, is one of the founding members of this Group and contributes continuously to its work and meetings.
About the GCAF
The insurance supervisory authorities of French-speaking countries have come together in the framework of the Group of French-speaking Insurance Supervisors, the GCAF, which has set itself the following objectives:
– Develop cooperation between members, to promote, through the exchange of experience and information, best practices and the convergence of prudential control approaches;
– Provide, after review, comments on work that has been circulated by the IAIS;
– Reinforce, when necessary, contacts and exchanges with the other regional groups of the IAIS;
– Develop appropriate training strategies based on the Institute for Financial Stability (ISF) of the BRI, and all other training organizations;
– Examine the questions posed by the members of the Group.