During an outing, a volunteer is injured. Is it covered by the association’s insurance?

If the association belongs to the health and social sectors, the volunteer benefits from the legislation on work accidents. Associations managing social or medico-social establishments, intermediary associations, educational action associations, etc. are in fact required to take out “occupational illness/accident at work” cover for people who participate voluntarily in the operation of the organization (Social Security Code (CSS), art. L.412-8 6°). This insurance grants them benefits such as annuities or daily allowances. Associations of general interest and associations with a social purpose can indeed have access to special care by Social Security if a volunteer is the victim of an accident during one of his missions (Social Security Code, L.412-8 12°). The association can also take out voluntary insurance with Social Security upstream for[…]

Leave a Comment